The New World of Web Fonts
Creative Typography for the Web
Wednesday, April 18 at 3:00 p.m. EDT
Webinar co-sponsored by Creative Relay and MassArt Alumni Relations
Verdana, Times and Arial beware! The era of ‘web safe’ fonts is over. Thanks to advances in technology, font licensing, and improved web browsers, interactive designers now have a broad range of options for working with type on the web.
Get the skinny from interactive designer and instructor Erik Fadiman on where to get Web Fonts and how to use them to make your website or your clients’ websites searchable, functional, and importantly, eye-catching.
In this online webinar, you will learn:
- Font Licensing: A brief history of the legal debate
- The allure of web fonts; the continued importance of the font-stack
- How to start using fonts in your websites today
- Sorting through the different free and paid options
- The various font file formats you need to be familiar with
- Explaining web fonts to your clients
- Limitations, liabilities and compatibility issues
- Additional typographic styling tips and tricks with CSS3
Break free from the shackles of “web-safe” fonts and join us to discover the new creative possibilities for web typography.
The hashtag for this webinar is #crwebfonts
This event is an online webinar. After you have registered for the event, you will receive an email confirmation. About 1 day before the online webinar you will receive an email with instructions for logging into the webinar.
Registration Fee $25 for MassArt Alumni